Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Wrapping Up!

The Original Ever After Gauntlet
Who broke the Weather?  After one of the most glorious Summer/Autumns we have had for several years being hit by the first polar blast of the year has come of a bit of a rude awakening for many of us.  The silver lining to this very grey cloud of course is it is perfect knitting & crochet weather - so if you are yet to pick up your needles or hooks for the season, the time is definitely now!

I designed these as I was getting cold hands when out walking my son
A great project to get started & is very practical are finger less gloves or gauntlets.  My Ever After Gauntlets have been out for a number of years, but for those who have yet tried them, they are a great project for in front of the TV, they can be completed very quickly & for frosty morning very, very handy!

Don't be afraid to play around with the length.
You can download the pattern for FREE here.  Also check out the Ever After Cowl, almost as quick to knit & will keep your neck toasty warm.  The Gauntlets use 1 ball of DK yarn & the Cowl uses two.  The new Moody Hues solids are perfect for this as the yarn is so soft & warm.
EA Cowl modelled by my son - get the look using Vintage Carmine.

2 comments:

  1. I visited your store in Onekawa today for the first time. Beautiful. I couldn't choose a colour so I will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope to see you back soon :-)

    ReplyDelete